A witnessing church and a church worth witnessing – for the glory of God.
“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses…” (Acts 1:8)
Our Vision (where we’re going)
Hundreds of lives transformed – tens of congregations* started
*deliberately inclusive of sites and plants and reflective of Commission’s umbrella vision.
Our Mission (what we do)
BLESS Everyone: sharing the good news of Jesus through what we say and do.
Who are you BLESSing?
Strengthen Believers: helping one another become more like Jesus.
Who are you helping?
Train Leaders: empowering servant-hearted people to take responsibility.
Whose leadership are you supporting?
1) Acceptance & Transformation — Come as you are. Authentic non-judgemental welcome. Honest and open.
Truth (spoken in love). Don’t stay as you are. Hope for positive change.
Everything is done at Chapel under the banner or flags of grace and peace.
2) Word & Spirit — Biblical depth. Doctrinally strong. Courageous on controversial issues, e.g. abortion. Traditional, in the right sense.
Prophetic. Creative (forward thinking, in the right sense). Presence of God inviting/pursuing. Encouraging of spiritual gifts.
3) Diversity & Unity — All ages, ethnicities and income represented and mixing.
Strong togetherness for the gospel.
4) Family & City — People look out for each other. You can be real and don’t have to wear a mask. We eat together regularly. Authentic and infectious fellowship.
Strategic location. Compassionate heart towards those in need. Sacrificially present to seek the prosperity of the city.
Our Style (how we approach things)
1. Inspiring Hope — Because greater days are yet to come.
Are you persevering in hope?
2. All in — Because He gave His all for me.
Are you giving your best?
3. Expectant Prayer — Because God is able to do immeasurably more.
Are you praying in faith?
4. Still Knowing — Because His grace is sufficient.
What is God saying to you today?
5. Dream Team — Because growth comes as each part does its work.
Are you playing your part?
6. Abundant Encouragement — Because it builds up the church.
Have you encouraged someone today?
7. Creative Innovation — Because the message doesn’t change but culture does.
Are you embracing change?
Download our Vision Card here, or pick up a paper copy on Sunday.
Westminster Chapel is a member of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches – fiec.org.uk – and adheres to its doctrinal basis and ethos statements, it is also a member of the Evangelical Alliance and the Evangelical Fellowship of Congregational Churches.
This page sets out our beliefs.
Westminster Chapel is a member of the Commission sphere of churches.
Commission is an international family of churches working together to make disciples, reach the nations and transform communities. Led by Guy Miller and his team, Commission has churches in the UK, India, Spain, Portugal and other nations.
Commission churches actively work together and support each other in seeing the Kingdom advance through:
Going to the nations and reaching the unreached
Starting new churches and caring for existing churches
Raising and training leaders
Social action and community development
Commission is part of the Newfrontiers global movement of churches which has grown over the last 30 years to over 800 churches across the world under the leadership of Terry Virgo. As Newfrontiers has grown, Terry has recognised that a number of leaders have emerged with a gift to lead, serve and oversee the churches within Newfrontiers. Now each of these pioneers their own network of churches (such as Commission), while still maintaining the core vision and values of Newfrontiers.
These are our main leaders (we call them elders).
These are the people who spend lots of time keeping things ticking over. You can contact any staff member by emailing firstname.surname[at]westminsterchapel.org.uk.
Emily is our administrator who joined us in 2021. She is helping the team in all ways -- day to day tasks, big projects and everything in between.
Dave will be looking after our building and helping to steer us into the next phase of our very exciting building project!
Communications & Engagement Manager
Lianne joined the staff team in October 2020 and will be working on all things creative and digital.
Ray joined us in early 2019 as our XP, moving with his wife Gen and their kids from Toronto, Canada.
Communications & Engagement Manager
Becci coordinate's Chapel's communications and alwuys chexks for typos.
(She's on adoption leave at the mo).
Heather brings loads of public sector experience to our Foodbank, and generally keeps us all in check.
Nathan works part-time for Chapel, and part-time for Commission, where he assists Guy Miller.
Children & Families Leader
After raising three wonderful children at Chapel, we're chuffed that Biola joined us in Feb 2020 to lead this crucial ministry.
Teresa is Chapel's unsung hero, making everything sparkly and clean, and taking care of all the plants in the courtyard.
CAP Centre Manager
Gen joined our team in March 2019. She'll be responsible for developing our debt centre.
Giving sacrificially and cheerfully of our finances is part of our worship. Find out more about why and how we give.
If you’re a regular attender or a Christian outside of London or the UK who uses our website and/or our podcast regularly, you may wish to help further this ministry and we would greatly appreciate your support.
There are a number of ways you can support our mission financially:
1. Give through Virgin Money Giving, where you can make a secure one-off donation or set up a monthly gift online with the option to automatically Gift Aid your donation to us.
2. Download our Giving Form to give by cheque, cash or standing order with the option to Gift Aid your donation if you are a UK taxpayer (Editable version here). Forms should be emailed to [email protected] (only for standing orders) or posted to:
This method saves us fees and related charges.
3. Download the Give as you Live shopping app to send, on average, 2.5% of every £1 you spend online to Westminster Chapel. This means you can turn every grocery delivery, every holiday and every pair of new shoes into a donation to us. Shops include: Amazon, Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, HMV, John Lewis, lastminute.com, British Airways, iTunes and many more.
We are also fundraising for a Building Project, which you can find more information about here.
Thank you for your support!
God has been faithful all through Westminster Chapel’s 160-year history. Allow us to take you through some of the highlights.
Founded in 1841, with Rev. Samuel Martin at the helm, the church began to make waves in the neighbourhood and has done so ever since, seeing many influential men of God in its now famous pulpit, including Dr George Campbell-Morgan, Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Dr R.T. Kendall, and Rev. Greg Haslam.
Our desire is to build on the foundation these men faithfully laid by completing the transition from powerful preaching centre to local Apostolic mission base (think Antioch or Ephesus in the book of Acts), under the leadership of Howard Satterthwaite and a team of elders, supported by the Commmission apostolic team, building a church in which the only big name is JESUS.
Located in the heart of London, Westminster Chapel is a great central location for events. We offer a range of rooms to accommodate small meetings or large conferences. Find out more about Room Hire here.
We believe that the best days in Westminster Chapel’s history are yet to come, so if you are looking for a tour of the building, the best thing to do would be to visit on Sundays from 10.30am when our congregation are present and the church is filled with worshippers.
During the week, our small staff team are very busy running the ministries of the church and we cannot guarantee a tour to people who show up at the gate.
During the summer months especially we are inundated with Christians visiting from all over the world. If this is you, feel free to email us first at [email protected] to see if the building will be open when you intend to visit.
We’d love to meet you, but our main mission is to love and serve our community, so we cannot always be available for guided tours or history lessons (as much as we would love to!).
Thanks for your understanding!