Our vision (where we’re going)
Hundreds of lives transformed – tens of congregations* started
*deliberately inclusive of sites and plants.
Our mission (what we do)
– Sharing Jesus
– Loving People
– Strengthening Believers
– Growing Leaders
Our style (how we approach things)
– Gigantic Faith: we live as if nothing is impossible for God
– Expectant Prayer: we intercede from intimacy for advance
– Holy Spirit Power: we make space for experiential encounters
– Transforming Grace: we rejoice in God’s saving work [we think there but for the grace of God go I]
– Biblical Truth: we search the Scriptures daily
– Abundant Encouragement: we build each other up in God
Westminster Chapel is a member of the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches – fiec.org.uk – and adheres to its doctrinal basis and ethos statements, it is also a member of the Evangelical Alliance and the Evangelical Fellowship of Congregational Churches.
This page sets out our beliefs.
Westminster Chapel is a member of the Commission sphere of churches.
Commission is an international family of churches working together to make disciples, reach the nations and transform communities. Led by Guy Miller and his team, Commission has churches in the UK, India, Spain, Portugal and other nations.
Commission churches actively work together and support each other in seeing the Kingdom advance through:
Going to the nations and reaching the unreached
Starting new churches and caring for existing churches
Raising and training leaders
Social action and community development
Commission is part of the Newfrontiers global movement of churches which has grown over the last 30 years to over 800 churches across the world under the leadership of Terry Virgo. As Newfrontiers has grown, Terry has recognised that a number of leaders have emerged with a gift to lead, serve and oversee the churches within Newfrontiers. Now each of these pioneers their own network of churches (such as Commission), while still maintaining the core vision and values of Newfrontiers.
These are our main leaders (we call them elders).
They are supported by elder candidates, wider leaders and kept accountable to a board of Trustees.
From 1st January for 18 – 24 months, they are gaining further support and strength from Guy and Heather Miller. Guy leads the Commission sphere of churches.
These are the people who spend lots of time keeping things ticking over. You can contact any staff member by emailing firstname.surname[at]westminsterchapel.org.uk.
Becci's role involves managing the staff and ministry leaders and tapping her watch furiously on a Sunday morning.
CAP Centre Manager & Student Worker
Andy is married to Shan, and enjoys coming up with complicated analogies when trying to describe a simple subject.
Pastoral Care Coordinator
Beryl loves cats, travelling to Greece, & 80's music. She ensures we all stay sane and emotionally healthy!
Heather brings loads of public sector experience to our Foodbank, and generally keeps us all in check.
Chris oversees our wonderful building, and, if you listen carefully enough, his dulcet tones can usually be heard ringing around the Chapel.
Craig joined us in September 2017 and previously worked at Virgin Active, so in theory should be helping keep us all fit.
Teresa is Chapel's unsung hero, making everything sparkly and clean, and taking care of all the plants in the courtyard.
On Maternity Leave
Giving sacrificially and cheerfully of our finances is part of our worship. Find out more about why and how we give.
If you’re a regular attender or a Christian outside of London or the UK who uses our website and/or our podcast regularly, you may wish to help further this ministry and we would greatly appreciate your support.
There are a number of ways you can support our mission financially:
1. Give through Virgin Money Giving, where you can make a secure one-off donation or set up a monthly gift online with the option to automatically Gift Aid your donation to us. [if you have trouble with that link, try pasting http://bit.ly/1USQGf3 into your browser – we’re working on it, sorry!]
2. Download our Giving Form to give by cheque, cash or standing order with the option to Gift Aid your donation if you are a UK taxpayer (Editable version here). Forms should be emailed to [email protected] (only for standing orders) or posted to:
This method saves us fees and related charges.
3. Download the Give as you Live shopping app to send, on average, 2.5% of every £1 you spend online to Westminster Chapel. This means you can turn every grocery delivery, every holiday and every pair of new shoes into a donation to us. Shops include: Amazon, Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda, HMV, John Lewis, lastminute.com, British Airways, iTunes and many more.
We are also fundraising for a Building Project, which you can find more information about here.
Thank you for your support!
God has been faithful all through Westminster Chapel’s 160-year history. Allow us to take you through some of the highlights.
Founded in 1841, with Rev. Samuel Martin at the helm, the church began to make waves in the neighbourhood and has done so ever since, seeing many influential men of God in its now famous pulpit, including Dr George Campbell-Morgan, Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones, Dr R.T. Kendall, and Rev. Greg Haslam.
Our desire is to build on the foundation these men faithfully laid by completing the transition from powerful preaching centre to local Apostolic mission base (think Antioch or Ephesus in the book of Acts), under the leadership of Howard Satterthwaite and a team of elders, supported by the Commmission apostolic team, building a church in which the only big name is JESUS.
Located in the heart of London, Westminster Chapel is a great central location for events. We offer a range of rooms to accommodate small meetings or large conferences. Find out more about Room Hire here.