Central London can be a daunting place to raise a family, yet at the Chapel, we have many families doing just that. We believe the city can be an amazing place for children to grow up in, providing diversity, richness of culture, and opportunities to be salt and light amidst people of all social backgrounds. Kathy Keller explains it wonderfully in this blog post.
Living in the city, it is vital to have a church that will support and nurture your family, and model what it means to be a follower of Jesus to your children from an early age. Westminster Chapel’s children’s ministry exists to lead children into a living faith in Jesus Christ, to embed them within a body of believers, and to equip them to live lives that honour Christ in a world/city that doesn’t.
Our aim is to:
– Develop Sunday programmes that inspire, inform and facilitate relationships;
– Empower parents to lead their children to the Lord;
– Raise up, encourage and train Sunday School leaders to be great examples, playing a positive and influential role in the lives of our children;
– Integrate our children within the church and forge relationships and a family dynamic that will benefit both parties;
– Reach local children who are in need of hope and a future, and help meet their needs and the needs of their families.
As a team, we work with children who’ve been coming to church their whole lives, as well as children who live locally and just want to see what we’re up to. All are welcome in our children’s groups, and we’ve tried to develop a curriculum that will cater for all ages and levels of understanding.
We greatly value young people, their families and the wider communities in which they live, and our team of committed volunteers runs the following activities during the Sunday morning services. These comprise a mix of games, crafts, quizzes, worship, multi-media presentations, small group discussions and age-appropriate Bible teaching. Your children will love coming to church!
– Crèche (Ages 0-3)
– JumpStart (Ages 3-5)
– Accelerate (Ages 5-10)
– A variety of Youth programmes.
To find out latest news, updates and events, you can check our blog.
For your peace of mind, Westminster Chapel follows a Child Protection Policy in the appointment of all children’s workers. For more information on this, email [email protected].
Any other questions? Just fill out the form on the right, or you can call the office on 020 7834 1731 +227.