Foodbank Manager Vacancy at Westminster Chapel [Maternity Cover]
Westminster Chapel is seeking a gifted leader and administrator with a heart for the poor to lead our growing Foodbank ministry, and ensure that all areas of the Foodbank are run efficiently and to a high standard, in accordance with Westminster Chapel’s Mission, Values and Vision (“MVV”), and The Trussell Trust franchise model.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Demonstrated commitment to a local body of believers.
– Good grasp and hearty endorsement of the MVV and biblical and theological orientation of the leadership of WC.
– Ability to plan and organise the day to day running of a Foodbank centre session.
– Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
– Ability to handle difficult situations, involving conflict and aggression.
– Previous experience in leadership, administration and stock control preferred but not required.
– Take a proactive approach to raising funding for the Foodbank.
Key Skills and Attributes:
– Good oral and written communication
– Leadership skills
– Good interpersonal skills
– Ability to work independently and unsupervised
– Honesty and integrity
– Empathy and ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised, or socially excluded backgrounds
– Servant-heart and willingness to work under authority
– Ability with computer systems and computer software, e.g. MS Office (including Excel, Word) and Google Mail/Calendar
– Passionate about tackling poverty