Excited and Expectant
I’m excited and expectant about the season ahead in our church’s life and thought I’d take a few minutes to explain why, to stir your faith and provoke you to prayer.
This hope primarily rests in the goodness of God and the awesome power of the gospel with a number of encouraging green shoots and positive signs coming together…
– There is a deeper and growing hunger for God amongst us, seen in some extraordinary prayer meetings in recent months.
– We are officially launching our refined Mission, Values and Vision on 6 October, to bring greater commitment and enthusiasm, channelling our energy and momentum, like the banks of a river.
– To support this, our CityLifeGroups (small groups) will all be working through a new DVD Bible Study series we have put together, unpacking our Mission and Values, to help us all to take greater ownership and instil greater faith for what God has called us to be and do together.
– Greg starts a new preaching series, Encounters with Jesus, in October, to equip us to witness the Jesus way and inspire us to share the gospel (the first point of our mission) in a season we are expectant that God will draw many to Himself.
– Andrew and Sana Price have agreed to lead our Autumn Alpha Course, encouraged by a prophetic word given by Guy Miller from our pulpit on a Sunday about them entering into a season of effective evangelism in their lives. We have a great line up of speakers scheduled to follow on from the Comedy Night with Andy Kind (9 Sep) and the Launch Party with Steve Scheibner (7 Oct).
– We will be unveiling a new logo and website in October to help us better communicate and connect with the wider world, featuring short video stories of changed lives from past and present Chapel people.
– Pete Twemlow and a great team of supporters will be overseeing our student ministry, featuring a new student cafe between services and social activities organised after evening services.
– We are running a preaching boot camp in October for 10-12 guys, giving many of them opportunities to preach in a series of monthly tag preaches we have scheduled at our evening services from October-February.
– Talented young musicians Will Shepherd and Noah John have stepped up marvellously to join our team of gifted worship leaders.
– Charles Kasenene, together with a new team of recently trained Money Coaches will be running a Christians Against Poverty Money Management Course in September.
– One CityLifeGroup has multiplied and another student CLG is scheduled to multiply imminently, giving opportunities for new leaders to serve.
– We have two part-time interns (Mike Shore and Steph Waite) joining us in September, and three more full-time interns starting in October (Andy Mehigan, Joshua Ng and Abby Harmon).
– The possibility of Chapel’s first church plant or replant is hovering in the distance on the horizon.
That’s a lot of good news to be grateful for! So please join me in thanking God and continuing to pray for his favour upon us as a church, as we see new faces join and get added in the months ahead.